Detail design is often done by the builder or directly for the builder.
Detail design includes all of the drawings and details necessary for the builder to construct the vessel as the owner and designer intended. Deliverables include:
- Lofting including faired body plans defining every structural frame, decks, and shell plate seams and butts.
- Production drawings showing detailed blocks.
- Material specifications.
- All fabrication details for forming plates and structurals including including cutting, bending and assembly with nesting drawings, NC cutting files, moulds, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Isometric drawings of the piping system components.
- Piping system arrangements for assembly.
- Electrical components and wiring diagrams.